Avocado on toast is a wondrous thing. I like to mix it up with other flavours and textures and recently rediscovered rye bread, which turns out to be the avocados’ perfect partner. I had some left over cauliflower and an avocado that was in danger of being over-ripe so this dish was made as a leftover lunch and they are my favourite type of lunches. Accidental winning combinations are just so satisfying!
1 avocado juice of half a lime
few sprigs of coriander
dash of rapeseed oil
juice of 1/2 a lemon
½ tsp garlic powder
3 vine cherry tomatoes
sprinkle of sprouting peas and beans
- In an ovenproof dish, add the chopped cauliflower with the oil, lemon and garlic powder and mix well
- Cook for 20 minutes at 180
- Crush the avocado with a fork and mix with the salt, lime juice and coriander
- Slice the cherry tomatoes and toast the rye bread
- Spread the avocado on the toast, top with the tomato slices and cauliflower
- Finally sprinkle the sprouts and eat straight away.