I’ve been speaking to a lovely lady called Lizzy who runs a cookery school and vegan B&B in the Midlands. So after our conversation I obviously headed straight to the recipe section of her website and found all manner of tasty and yet simple combinations. In a rush to make something quick for the evening meal, I decided to make the “Eat your Greens” dish which was so up my street and super quick to make. I used basil tofu instead of smoked as I had it in the fridge already and added rice noodles and peas to make it a main course. It was so delicious, thanks Lizzy! Next time I’ll try it with smoked tofu and can’t wait to try her chocolate brownies!
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 block of smoked or basil tofu
1 clove garlic crushed
pinch crushed dried chillies
handful of frozen peas
zest of a lemon
salt/soy sauce to taste
200g rice vermicelli noodles
- Slice the tofu.
- Cook the noodles and set aside
- Roughly shred the green leaves and slice the onion.
- Put the leaves in a pan with a couple of tablespoons of water; cook the leaves briefly before adding oil.
- Heat the oil, then add the onions and garlic, cook briefly.
- Add the smoked tofu. Cook until crispy
- Add a pinch of crushed dried chillies, lemon zest, salt, or soy sauce to taste.
- Add the peas and noodles and stir until all is warmed through