I wasn’t sure whether it would be a sham to call this a recipe or not. I mean, everyone eats this don’t they? But during my days of being a vegan cook, delivering food locally, I realised that not every does eat this and in fact it was a new phenomenon to almost everyone! I first made this dish with cous cous back in the 90’s. Using quinoa is nicer and provides more protein as well as being gluten free. I eat this ALL the time and never get bored of it. My favourite way to eat it (aside from with a spoon every time I open the fridge) is with a jacket potato and slices of basil tofu on the side.
4 spring onions
Large handful of parsley and mint
Juice of 1 lime
Half a cucumber
10 vine cherry tomatoes
- Cook the quinoa in salted water. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- Chop the herbs and spring onions finely and add to a bowl with the salt and lime juice.
- Remove the seeds from the cucumber and chop into small pieces and add to the bowl
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes and add
- Add the quinoa and a little more salt and pepper to the bowl and mix well
- Finally chop the avocado and stir gently
- Refrigerate before serving. It will last for a couple of days in the fridge