You may need to stock up big time on tofu for this recipe as these little fingers are quite addictive! You can play around with all sorts of flavours – just add whatever you fancy to the butter bean mix – sundried tomatoes, chillis or hot smoked paprika to name a few.
half a tin butter beans
half a courgette
dash of rapeseed oil
pinch of salt
half a lime
1tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
20g polenta flour
10g sesame seeds
pinch of black pepper
200g firm tofu
- Add the butter beans, courgette, oil, salt, lime, parsley and garlic powder to a blender
- Blend to a smooth paste and set aside in a bowl
- In a separate bowl add the polenta, breadcrumbs, black pepper and sesame seeds
- Line a baking sheet with a spray of rapeseed oil
- Slice the firm tofu into fingers and dip into the paste to get a thick coating.
- Dip the fingers in the crumb mixture and transfer to the baking sheet
- Spray with more rapeseed oil and cook for 25 minutes at 200 turning half way through
I like to serve these with bubble & squeak, runner beans and corn on the cob and they are also great cold for lunch boxes and picnics. I use basil taifun tofu as its my ultimate favourite but any firm tofu will do.