I call this a salad but actually I love it for breakfast on a weekend. It is perfectly acceptable at any time of day of course but I love the way it’s so light but filling at the same time so will keep you going until lunch. I remember going on holiday to Mexico 12 years ago and was flabbergasted at the amount of chillies lurking in my breakfast. It’s so the norm there but I never took it on as a thing until recently. Now I sometimes like a bit of spice for breakfast so the jalapeños give me that morning kick. I’m also a big fan of firm tofu, and I love the basil one by Taifun which really compliments the spice perfectly.
10 cherry tomatoes
5 slices basil tofu
dash of rapeseed oil
salt and pepper
4 florets broccoli
5 sprigs asparagus
10 slices of jarred jalapeños
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add to an oven proof dish
- Add the rapeseed oil and salt and pepper and cook at 180 for 10 minutes
- Remove the dish and add the cubed tofu and cook for a further 10 minutes
- Remove and stir in the broccoli and cook for a further 10 minutes
- In a pan bring some salted water to boil and add the spinach followed by the asparagus and leave in the pan for no more than 20 seconds so the spinach is wilted and the asparagus still has a crunch.
- Serve all the ingredients and top with the jalapeños